Beef Taco Bake
* 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, drained
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
* 8 ounces shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
* 1 (18 ounce) package corn tortilla chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and drain fat. Add the diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, water, sour cream and taco seasoning mix. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until beef is cooked through and no pink remains.
3. In the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish, place a layer of tortilla chips. Cover with a layer of the meat mixture then a layer of cheese. Repeat this process until the last layer is cheese.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.